Answered By: Loan Nguyen
Last Updated: May 01, 2017     Views: 43

I'm not sure if you need and article from an academic journal or an article from a professional journal/trade publication, so I will show you how to find both.

To find a peer-reviewed article from an academic journal on this topic, I would recommend searching in the ERIC, our largest database for education topics.  You can find a link to ERIC in the "Dual Language Immersion Research: Key Resources" box on this Research Guide

You can start with a general search for "dual language programs." Be sure to check the "peer reviewed" box if you want to limit your results to peer-reviewd articles. Here is a screen shot of the search:


A professional journal is one produced by a professional organization and tailored to the interests of professionals in a particular industry. They are not peer-reviewed.

Education Week is a good professional journal to use for the topic of dual-language programs. You can search through this journal by clicking "search within this publication" in EBSCO.

Again, you can use "dual language programs" as your search terms.  

If you need help finding the full text of journal articles, see this page:

Please feel free to contact me again if this doesn't completely answer your question or if you need additional assistance.