Answered By: Loan Nguyen Last Updated: May 01, 2017 Views: 21
Bible commentaries are available in several locations in Doherty Library. The most important locations are shown in the map below-- the reference room, on reserve, and in the regular stacks for checkout.
Reference commentaries include:
- The New Jerome Biblical Commentary
- HarperCollins Bible Commentary
- The New Interpreter's Bible (12 vols)
- The International Bible Commentary
Reserve books at the circulation desk include:
- The Jerome Biblical Commentary
- Other books reserved by instructors. To find items reserved by your professor, search his or her name in the reserves list.
Bible commentaries available for checkout include:
- The Anchor Bible
- The International Critical Commentary
- Writings of the Church Fathers (search the library catalog, in particular this series)
- Numerous one-volume commentaries on individual books of the Bible. Most are shelved in order of their appearance in the Bible starting at BS192. To find all the commentaries on a book, search the library catalog for Bible AND commentaries AND [book of the Bible], for example:
More information on Bible commentaries can be found in the Theology Research Guide.